Northamptonshire is known for its Historic Houses and Estates, and there are numerous picturesque villages with their artisan, antique and country fayre shops to explore.
Our staff at Rushton Hall can recommend a range of pursuits including golf at the nearby luxury Stoke Albany Club, motor car driving experiences at the Rockingham Speedway Circuit, Sailing at Rutland water. All these activities must be booked in advance and Reception can supply contact details.
If, of course this is all too extreme, there are a number of wonderfully relaxing walks around Rushton Hall and its surrounding countryside, and Northamptonshire has a number of stunning stately homes to visit.
A few suggestions
- Rockingham Castle 900 years of English history. http://www.rockinghamcastle.com/
- Rockingham Speedway Europe’s only oval track and the fastest to. http://www.rockingham.co.uk/
- Boughton house one of Britain’s grandest and best-preserved stately homes. http://www.boughtonhouse.co.uk/
- Silverstone home of the British Grand Prix and so much more. http://www.silverstone.co.uk/
- The Naseby Battlefield. http://www.nasebyproject.co.uk/